Sunday, May 16, 2010

Job huntin' and puppy raisin'.

Well, summer has officially begun. I'm back home now, all moved in to my new room, and should be ecstatic, right? Wrong. This time two weeks ago, I thought that I was going to be starting my summer out working right out of the gate, like I had planned on. NOT what happened.

I was hired at Hooters back in March to work for the summer. I filled out my paperwork, called to check up on when I could start training, everything. So imagine how irritated I get when, not only I've been given the run-around, but am being shorted hours too. Yeah, not a pretty picture. Apparently, what has happened was that there were 4-5 girls that normally leave for the summer, so they hire 4-5 more to cover the open slots. But this summer, the girls decided to stay, meaning 4-5 more girls than they can handle. So that means that this summer, instead of working full time as planned, I'll be getting about one day a week there. That is, if they'll ever start training me. UGH.

Rant part 2. Saturday, the GM told me to come in Monday at 10:30, to start training. So I wake up early to get all dolled up, and get there early, anxious but ready to finally start making some money. A different manager was there that day, so he didn't recognize me. When he came out with my paper work, "... bad news." God, what else could go wrong? Don't tell me you're out of uniforms AGAIN?! I guess for some girls, it takes over a month to do a little bit of paperwork (insert sarcasm here.) So because my paperwork hadn't been "verified", I couldn't start training because I would be an "insurance risk." First off, I filled out those papers back at the beginning of April, and they've known that I wanted to start working as soon as school let out. Second, why the hell did the GM tell me to start training on Monday if the paperwork wasn't even "verified"?! Okay.. done ranting. For now.

So as of right now, I'm looking for a second job for the summer, and it is proving fruitless. Wish me luck.

On the bright side, I've got some great news. :)


That is my new puppy, Apollo. He was the very first red cavachon we've had. And since I'll be moving into an apartment in the fall (that allows pets), my mom said that I could take him. :]

- Chelsea.

No comments: