Thursday, February 25, 2010

I did one of my first big "adult" things today... apartment hunting. It actually turned out being a lot easier than I thought. I went and visited University Suites and Catamount Peaks. Both are within 3 minutes of Western and are really, really nice. They boast most of the same perks... a pool, tanning, gym, bundled rent/utilities. There are a few things that I prefer about Peaks over Suites.

Peaks Pros:
- pets are allowed.
- nicer, newer apartments and facilities.
- safer and kinder feel.
- 1 bedroom apartment, not a studio.
- security system.
- shuttle to campus and back.

Peaks Cons:
- $100 more than suites. ($650 per month)
-$200 "residence fee" (like a down payment?)
- only comes with a twin bed.
- $50 application fee.

Suites Pros:
- cheaper than peaks ($550 per month)
- fully furnished with a full bed.
- brand new apartments to be opened in august.
- only a $20 application fee and i could secure my apartment with $100.

Suites Cons:
- no pets allowed. :\
- smaller (studio apartment)

My mom is going to be coming up on Tuesday and we're going to talk to both places and see what we can come up with. Fingers crossed!

No comments: